Monday

This week started out with a bang thanks to everyone who shared our featured blog post on Give1Save1!  Sunday night, after I sent out the facebook event, I received a Facebook message from an old camp friend.  I realized this after I messaged her back but she donated exactly the amount we need to finish our most recent payment.  Such a gift from God.  She has such a sweet heart and I want to share with you the message she sent me.


Hi Jen.
I've been following your blog and adoption updates for some time now. My heart has been so moved by your honest, bold writing and your obedience to the call to adopt.
Over the last couple months, as I've prayed for you, Tony, and little Max, God has done big things in my life... and has called me to step outside my comfort zone in more than one way (something I'm sure you all are familiar with!).
I'm currently a doctoral student in occupational therapy, living off of student loans and completing clinical rotations. My fall rotation was planned for Portland, Oregon, a city I've longed to live in since my early college years. However, in mid-July, while completing a rotation in Michigan, I discovered that my Portland rotation fell through and I would have to return to Nashville (where I was for classes) in the fall. Long story short, I am blessed to be living with a sweet family I used to babysit for, free of rent! Although I was sad to miss out on Portland, I rejoiced knowing I would be able to save money for future adventures or a post-graduation trip.
I've been praying lots about what God might have me give to your adoption fund, not only because I feel called to adopt in the future, but also because I have such deep respect for both you and Tony as Godly parents.
Today, as I sat in a local coffee shop reading the book Radical by David Platt, I opened to a chapter called "American Wealth and a World of Poverty." I came to a chapter that said the following:
[A man who decided to give away much of his wealth and possessions to those in need] "I wonder at some points if I'm being irresponsible or unwise. But then I realize there is never going to come a day when I stand before God and he looks at me and says, 'I wish you would have kept more for yourself.'
This is really the core issue of it all. Do we trust him? Do we trust Jesus when he tells us to give radically for the sake of the poor? Do we trust him to provide for us when we begin using the resources he has given us for others? Do we trust him to know what is best for our lives, our families, and our financial futures?
I don't want to pursue stuff and in the process miss Christ and the pleasures he alone gives in a life free from bondage to the possessions of this world."
I wept as I prayed over how God would have me use this surplus of "stuff" and money he had blessed me with to further his glory... and immediately knew that I was to help, even in a tiny way, you and Tony bring your baby home.
God has blessed me with rent-free living during this season and called me to give what I would have paid in rent to bless you all. He has such big things in store for you all.
Praying relentlessly for you, Tony, Max, and baby 2. Brianne

So thanks to Brianne's amazing gift and all of you sharing our story on Facebook and through e-mail...After day one of our Give1Save1 week...we have raised $807!!!! I am giddy...and just tickled with the ways you are sharing...for example...one of my best friends from high school sent out an e-mail to many of his friends giving them a unique incentive of showing them the picture from his first formal dance if they sent in a dollar. It just so happens he attended that dance with me. So hopefully this won't spoil his efforts but I thought I should share this gem with you all as well. This is the epitome of awkward teenage angst at it's finest.

Buzz's girlfriend...woof.

We want to keep the momentum moving this week so share it again again and again everyday until Saturday.  Do it! Most of the donations that came in today were from people we don't even know...so what that tells me is #1 People care about adoption and orphans! and #2 It really is working sharing our story on Facebook...so keep sharing!  Love you all!





Pure Charity