Happy Happy New Year!

December 31st, 2013

I just laid your big brother down to sleep for the last night of 2013.  We found out who you are today. 4:57 pm, New Year’s Eve 2013.  A new beginning for our family, a new year.  I am hoping against all hope that we will get to hold you in 2014.  You are so beautiful.  Beautiful boy.  My precious, beautiful baby boy.  My heart leaped in my chest when I saw the phone call from our agency today.  You see, we have actually been waiting a very long time for you, and we were told the call would be coming any day…so when I saw the call coming in, my heart start pounding and my palms started to sweat….this was it! We were about to find out about you.  I was in the middle of trying to get your big brother Max to go number two on the toilet when the phone rang.  Someone from the agency was on the other end of the phone and she asked me again if we had specified boy or girl…my heart sank a little thinking she just had another question to ask us, but when I told her we didn’t care if you were a boy or a girl, she said “Well we have a little boy for you…he’s nine months old and his name is -----.  She told me to go check my e-mail.   Your Grandma heard the excitement in my voice and took over at the potty with Max.  I ran in to find your dad.  (He told me he thought I was excited because Max finally went poop on the potty) Nope.  I was excited to open up an e-mail together with your dad so we could see you for the first time.  You did not disappoint son.  You are just perfect.  You are the perfect fit for our family.  I instantly wanted to get on a plane and go hold and kiss you.  

Waiting will be one of the hardest things I will ever do in my life.  It was so fun to see your dad smile from ear to ear as he looked at you for the first time.  I have seen that smile on him before…it’s not a normal smile…His face looked like that when I told him I was pregnant with your brother, and the day your brother was born.  It’s a proud smile. An excited smile.  A special smile, reserved just for his boys.  His TWO boys.  We have two boys! How fun is that? I keep staring at the 5 pictures they sent us of you. It's like I have known you forever, it's like you have always been a part of us... but we are just "meeting" you for the first time.  I can’t seem to wipe the smile off my face today.  I kind of feel like I am floating around the house.   But I also feel like a huge part of our family is not with us. 
I hope you are warm tonight as you go to sleep.  I hope you can feel your mama’s love.  You have no idea we are coming for you and will take you into a world where nothing is familiar.  But someday, you will only know us as your family.  You will fight and wrestle with your big brother, you will snuggle in bed with mama as I read you books, you will play baseball out in the yard with your dad, you will torment your poor doggies.  You will be home.  Someday.  We’re coming for you little one.  We cannot wait to meet you in person. 


So yeah...it's a boy! We wanted to share the news with everyone that has been supporting us and praying with us for such a long time.  Unfortunately we can't tell you too much about him or show any pictures until things are more final...so you will have to just trust me when I tell you he is insanely beautiful.  His eyes will look into your soul...
Also, many of you may have already seen but we reached our fundraising goal! Just hours before we got the call.  Hours.  So if you don't believe in God, maybe you should.  This is by far the best New Year's Eve I have ever had. By far.  

My resolutions this year:
1- Get on my knees in gratitude everyday and pray 
2- Get our baby home
3- Somehow try to personally thank every single person that helped us reach our goal

Happy New Year everyone!
Love,
     Jen, Tony, Max and Baby boy


Getting our first view of our little man


Baby Schmid