Running to the ball...not away from it.

I was never good at sports...in fact I was terrified of them.  I have always been the girl that would run from the ball.  In gym class, or recreational sports, I would literally pray to Jesus that the ball would not come near me, because if it did, I would not be able to bear the embarrassment that would surely follow when I tried to "do" something with said ball.  I wouldn't be the one on the court screaming "I'm open!!!"  I would do my best to hide myself from the line of vision of the person looking to pass the ball.  One time I was playing Ultimate frisbee with a bunch of friends from camp.  Tony (my husband) threw the frisbee in my direction and I actually ducked... it landed on my back.  When I stood up Tony said "What were you doing? I was passing it to you!" I yelled back "You were?! No one passes it to me!"  And they don't... ever...because they know what happens when they do.  Tony had faith in me (or he was just trying to make sure his poor little awkward wife got some playing time)  

Tony was the opposite.  He grew up playing every sport you can think of and was better than average at most of them.  He knows so much about training for something and accomplishing his goals.  I have never trained for anything sports related.  I have gotten hit in the face with more balls than you can count (Forgive me, I really don't know any other way to say that).  But Tony's athleticism and perseverance inspire me, after watching him train for and run the Indy Mini Marathon this spring,  I was floored.  I didn't realize the human body could run for over two hours.  I remember throwing up after running the mile in middle school.   

So I wanted in on the action.  I wanted to feel like I trained for, and accomplished something.  But I never wanted to do it for me. I wanted to do it for them.  
My triathlon is getting so close! Today I swam 800 meters and ran three miles so I am feeling pretty good!  I know I have trained hard for this and I know I am ready.  Today after dragging myself to the gym, I came home and opened my e-mail to find pictures of the progress of the building of our school...what a reward!  I promised to raise them $1300 (100 dollars for every mile I go in the Triathalon)  I am only at 550 still, so I have 750 more to go and I only have 25 days to do it! Please, if you feel led, donate to this project.  It will be a safe haven for children to go during the day, a place for them to learn and play, a place where they can hear more about the One who created them.  I have been training hard for this and I would love to see my prayers of raising this money answered.  God Bless you all for your prayers for me as I continue this journey and for your donations for the kids.