Come Home

What are the elements of a good Christmas card?  I wouldn't know because I have never sent one out.  A cute family picture?  Updates on each member of the family?  A cute tagline stating the reason for the season?  Well, I guess I could give you a few of those things ;) but what is most on my heart this Christmas, besides the birth of our Savior, is bringing our baby home.  Watching Max's eyes light up with each small gift and laughing at his reactions...my heart is so full...so full that it's heavy.  We still haven't gotten our referral and I am constantly checking the status of Congo adoptions (some are being held up by a temporary ban on exit visas).  I worry that we will know our baby soon but we won't be able to get them home as soon as we had hoped.  Tony keeps reminding me that we don't know what will happen and that it's in God's hands, not ours.  This is reassuring, but is it so wrong to just want to know? I want to know.
I want to know who our baby is.
I want to know how long we will have to wait.
I want to know...
I want to know...
I am resigned to wait...and I will have to be ok with that, because my heart is full.  
On another note, I never, ever thought we would be $600 away from our $10,000 goal with only 37 days to go on our site!  I didn't know.
But now I know.  
So maybe it's fun to not know some things, and then unwrap them like a gift.  Which brings me to my last point...the reason for the season :)
But really, to follow a God that is a complete mystery and that gives you a little bit more of a picture of himself with every breath...how beautiful is that?  
There are better things than knowing...I know that's right.
Merry Christmas,
                              The Schmids




Pure Charity