SHX

Today is Tony’s last day at Spring Hill.  I haven’t known a summer without SpringHill since I was 18... and I am 38. Giving 20 years to a ministry is a mix of blood, sweat, tears and love. Ministries are filled with people, who aren’t perfect, committing to serving One who is. I was blessed to serve alongside some of the greatest imperfect people for many years and I have been blessed to sit on the sidelines for the last 10 as Tony served there and I focussed on our family. It’s been the greatest view. I’ve seen Tony grow into a better leader, a better father, and a better husband. 

No place will ever hold the place of significance in our lives that SpringHill has. It’s where we became followers of Jesus, where we met, where we raised a family, essentially where we grew up. We have loved serving at SpringHill but as with everything, there is a time to move on, to grow and learn new things, chart new paths. 

We are moving on, but we will never stop loving that place, those people. We will send our kids to camp every summer. I will cry every single time we drop them off and every single time we pick them up and they will roll their eyes, but one day I hope they feel the same way about that place as we do. We will continue to support camp because kids really do need camp. But more than camp they need Jesus, and that is what both Tony and myself will walk away with. A faith that was tested and strengthened in a place I will always think of as holy ground. 

He'll quietly slip out today and I think we are both emotional about it.  I think I am just so proud of the work he put in every day for 16 years.  In a world of constant change, he has been steady, and it's hasn't always been easy, but it's always been rewarding.  

Thank you SpringHill for our "SpringHill experience" and for what you have given us.  I hope we left our little mark there too.