Beginning our Marathon...


I am so in love with my husband.  He is one of the hardest working people I know.  He CARES about the things I care about, and he has blown me away with his commitment to this adoption.  When we were dating, I told Tony that I knew someday, I was supposed to adopt.  “Well,” he said, “maybe God will change my heart.”  One day Tony woke up, and he wanted to adopt.  Since that day, he has been all in, and at times, even more excited about the process than me. 

So this summer, in our effort to do what we can to make this happen…I will be buried under the mountain of paperwork and processes, while he will be leading a team for SpringHill and training for the longest run of his life.  Yup that’s right, Tony will be running the Detroit marathon in October.  So on top of early mornings and late nights as a camp director, he will also be running.  A lot.

This is why I love my husband, because besides the fact that he is devoting his summer to college students and kids and Jesus, he is still making the time to devote himself to our family.   I would like to think that I am that selfless, but I’m not.  I can already hear myself nagging him to come home earlier this summer and to spend more time with me….blah blah blah. Just slap me. 

Someday I would like to be like Tony Schmid. 

I would like to be able to give myself to people the way he does. 
I would like to have the work ethic he has. 
I would like to show forgiveness like he does.  
I would like to show humility the way he does. (i.e. when people don’t invite him to play on their softball teams because quote “we are really good” Tony never says “I played college baseball”.  He just smiles and says “ok.”)
I would like to show commitment the way he does (he literally puts reminders on his calendar to be a good husband and father). 

I would like to be like him…but I guess I will just consider myself lucky enough to have his babies. 




More updates coming soon on Tony's training and how you can support our adoption!