Little boys, Lost boys



After a busy Easter, helping out at church, doing some projects around the house and having dinner with family, I was rocking Max to sleep upstairs and he told me to sing him songs.  His favorites are usually the wheels on the bus, jingle bells, and old macdonald, but tonight he asked me to sing “jesus loves” (Jesus loves me) So I sang it to him. Then there was a pause, really quietly he said, “pray.” So I prayed and he said “amen!” I tucked him in and fell onto the couch, exhausted.  

I turned on 60 Minutes and they were revisiting the story of the “lost boys” of Sudan who had walked over 1,000 miles to Kenya to escape their persecutors.  They were interviewing this one young man who had carried his Bible with him on the whole journey and was planning to take it to America…the interviewer said “you carried this from Ethiopia to here?” He said “Yes,…it’s my life,”  and then his eyes lit up and he said, “I have been called a ‘lost boy’, but I’m not lost from God, I’m lost from my parents.”  I thought about how incredible it is that this boy was orphaned and he still knew he was loved and important to God.

 As we take the next steps towards adoption, I will be praying for the "lost boys and girls' of this world.  Even if they are not in our family, they will know they are not lost to God.  And when we do know who this little boy or girl is, and they make it into our home, I am going to do my best every single day to show them they are not lost to God.   After a long day of Easter festivities, I have a quiet moment with a two year old that is already starting to feel the love of God and I am reminded that I am not lost to God.  This is why He died.  So no one would have to feel lost again. Believing in this great love continues to be the best decision I will ever make and I am so excited to see my kids, hopefully one day, make the decision to be found in Jesus.  Happy Easter.